There are several brands of external hard drives, each brand having many different models attributed to them. Some drives are incredibly complicated to work on as they use embedded features such as SED (Self-Encrypting-Drive) or they can have locked diagnostic ports. Also, the way some Hard Drives are manufactured in such a way that internal work is challenging and specialist custom tooling is required to solve the problem.
Nevertheless, if you value your data, External Hard Drive Data Recovery should only be performed by competent companies with the specialist equipment and knowledge that is needed to stand any chance of recovering your data.
Dragon Data Recovery is one such company that possess specialist equipment and the skills needed to operate it so we can recover the data from failed external hard drives.
Listed below are some common ways to identify if your External Hard Drive has problems. There are many strange things Hard Drives can do when they are malfunctioning; if your symptom is not listed below, don’t worry, give us a call 0151 342 8188
Is your Hard Drive demonstrating any of these faults:
- Can you hear any strange clicking sounds when powering up the External Hard Drive?
- Has the USB / Thunderbolt port snapped off the External Hard Drive?
- Does the External Hard Drive make any unusual beeps or buzzing sounds when powered up?
- Is the External Hard Drive completely dead? No life in it whatsoever?
- Has the External Hard Drive become inaccessible?
- Is the External Hard Drive noticeably slower in handling your files?
- Has the External Hard Drive been formatted?
- Are your files disappearing?
- Has the External Hard Drive been physically damaged?
- Has the External Hard Drive been affected by a power surge or lightning strike?
- Do you get error messages stating ‘no hard drive found’?
Typical External Hard Drive Related Data Recoveries
- Buffalo Technology
- Promise Technology
- Silicon Power
- Transcend Information
- Verbatim Corporation
- Western Digital
Common External Hard Drive Issues
Hard drives, no matter of the type/brand, can fail due to being physically shocked or by reaching their end-of-life cycle. There is a plethora of things that can go wrong with all the variants of drives and these are just some of them.
HDD Failure, Failed SSD, Click of Death, Read Write Failure, Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Failure, Corrupt File System NTFS, Corrupt File System APFS, HFS, HFS+, FAT, FAT16, FAT32, SMART errors, S.M.A.R.T. warnings, S.M.A.R.T. Failure, Formatted Hard Drive, Deleted or Missing Data / Files, Firmware or Manufacturing Faults, Disk Detected but not opening, Disk not Mounting, Head Crash, Physical Damage, Hard Drive Clicking Sound, Hard Drive Beeping Sound, Hard Drive Buzzing Sound.
If you want to avoid further data loss at this stage, we recommend:
- Please stop attempting to access your defective Hard Disk device.
- Please do not dismantle your device in anyway.
- Please never open the lid of any Hard Drive, they are sealed for a reason.
- Contact us on 0151 342 8188 for a no-obligation quote.
We only use the best hardware available for Data Recovery.
Utilising industry-standard tools such as Ace Laboratories PC3000 and DeepSpar Disk Imagers, in conjunction with a class 100 cleanroom facility – alongside cutting-edge tooling – we can offer our customers an affordable, Professional Data Recovery service.
If your External Hard Drive is malfunctioning and you need the data from it, then you have come to the right place to have your data recovered.
Dragon Data Recovery
The concept of Dragon Data Recovery is to offer professional and affordable Data Recovery Services, to both commercial and domestic clients. Read more