There are many different models of laptops in use today, and they can begin to malfunction for many reasons. One common reason is that the hard drive is in a state of failure or has completely died. Typically, the computer can be repaired by a computer repair shop or competent technician, but the data is considered to be lost forever. This is untrue; however, specialist equipment and knowledge are needed to stand any chance of recovering that data.
Dragon Data Recovery is one such company that possess specialist equipment and the skills needed to operate it so we can recover the data from failed Laptop hard drives.
Listed below are some common ways to identify if your Laptop has storage drive problems. There are many strange things Laptops can do when they have malfunctioning drives; if your symptom is not listed below, don’t worry, give us a call 0151 342 8188
Is your Laptop demonstrating any of these faults:
- Are there any unusual beeps or messages when booting up the Laptop?
- Is the Laptop completely dead? No life in it whatsoever?
- Has the Laptop become inaccessible?
- Is the Laptop noticeably slower in handling your files?
- Are your files disappearing?
- Has the Laptop been physically damaged?
- Has the Laptop been affected by a power surge or lightning strike?
- Can you hear any strange clicking sounds when powering up the Laptop device?
- Do you get error messages stating ‘no hard drive found’?
- Is the Hard drive not visible in the Laptop’s BIOS?
Typical Laptop Related Data Recoveries
- Dell Latitude
- Hewlett Packard
- HP EliteBook
Common Laptop Hard Drive Issues
Laptop hard drives, no matter of the type/brand, can fail due to being physically shocked or by reaching their end-of-life cycle. There is a plethora of things that can go wrong with all the variants of drives, laptops use, and these are just some of them.
- Beeping Sound
- Buzzing Sound
- Click of Death
- Clicking Sound
- Corrupt File System APFS, HFS, HFS+
- Corrupt File System NTFS
- Deleted or Missing Data / Files
- Disk Detected but not opening
- Disk not Mounting
- Failed SSD
- Firmware or Manufacturing Faults
- Formatted Hard Drive
- HDD Failure
- Head Crash
- Physical Damage
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Failure
- Read Write Failure
- S.M.A.R.T. Failure
- S.M.A.R.T. warnings
- SMART errors
If you want to avoid further data loss at this stage, we recommend:
- Stopping trying to access your defective laptop.
- Please do not dismantle your laptop in anyway.
- Please never open the lid of any Hard Drive, they are sealed for a reason.
- Contact us on 0151 342 8188 for a no-obligation quote.
We only use the best hardware available for Data Recovery.
Utilising industry-standard tools such as Ace Laboratories PC3000 and DeepSpar Disk Imagers, in conjunction with a class 100 cleanroom facility – alongside cutting-edge tooling – we can offer our customers an affordable, Professional Data Recovery service.
If your Laptop is malfunctioning and you need the data from it, then you have come to the right place to have your data recovered.
Dragon Data Recovery
The concept of Dragon Data Recovery is to offer professional and affordable Data Recovery Services, to both commercial and domestic clients. Read more